Monday, March 10, 2008

Karl Rove (Finally) Taunted Publicly

Now THIS is how to kick off a great week!

Former top Bush aide and annoying fat fuck, Karl Rove, spoke at the University of Iowa yesterday and was openly heckled by the audience of about 1,000 students and faculty.

My favorite Rove quote from the day: "You got a chance to ask your questions later and make your stupid statements, let me make mine."

Yeah, let the idiot talk, people! Sheesh!

Evidently, the cops were also brought in to remove two people after they tried to perform a citizen’s arrest on Rove for what they said were his crimes while a member of the Bush Administration. And, at one point, someone asked Rove if he'd ever shed a single tear over the war in Iraq.

Rove replied: "I shed a lot of tears and I have been inspired by many of the people who feel their son or daughter should not have to die in vain."

The taunting just continued from all different areas of the room. At one point, someone pointed out that MSNBC's Keith Olbermann named him the "worst person ever."

"Ever?" said, Rove. "Yea, worse than Hitler, worse than Stalin, worse than Mao and worse than the person who introduced aluminum baseball bats."

Um, yeah, pretty much ...

Best of all, toward the end of the speech, someone yelled, "Can we have our $40,000 back?" (This is what Rove was, amazingly, paid for his appearance.)

Rove replied, “No, you can't.”

No surprise there. Seems like the university could have better spent their money to stock up on things like, I dunno, aluminum bats.

4 comments:

Mark Dowdy said...

I was back in Iowa a week ago, but I left before I had a chance to join in the fun. Lots of friends were planning to harass him, so I'm not surprised he got an unfriendly reception from the People's Republic of Iowa City.

Mark Dowdy said...

Did I mention I was proud of my former hometown?

On the other hand, I'm glad it wasn't my tuition going to his $40,000 fee.

Heather Clisby said...

Yeah, I thought for sure you were the guy who demanded a refund.

Fang Bastardson said...

UIowa shelled out for 40 grand to hear that prick bloviate when they can get his dubious insights for free on Fox News every day? I thought they was more left-wingier than that. They probably paid the big bucks for the chance to heckle him to his face, still a questionable investment of financial resources.

I'm with Dowdy. I'm glad none of my money is going to provide for ol' Turdblossom now that he's moved off of the public teat and into the private sector.