Monday, March 17, 2008

The Izzard of My Dreams

Good news is that political let-downs have left my subconscious and been replaced by multi-talented transvestite comedians.

The bad news is I woke up to the huge disappointment that I am not, in fact, Eddie Izzard's lover and confidante as my brain led me to believe sometime between 4:20 and 7:30 this morning.

DAMN. And Mondays are harsh enough as it is.

I know what happened. I've been gorging myself on Season 1 of the FX show, "The Riches" that stars Izzard and Minnie Driver as husband and wife Travellers - a real-life culture of grifters that live off the grid. Along with their three kids and an RV, they opt to "steal the American Dream." It's brilliant.

I love the characters, love the writing, love the actors but most importantly, I get to take in Eddie dressed up in man clothes. With facial hair, even. Since he is a tried and true transvestite or "male lesbian" as he explains it, the image of him in a suit and tie only intensifies my crush. The fact that he and Minnie have random, sweaty sex at least once every episode doesn't help my condition.

If I can just hang on until July 30, when I (along with a few lucky others) will be sitting mere feet from my dream boy at the Paramount Theater in Denver. I may need to wear some type of restraining device over my muzzle, like the dogs in Wash Park. Maybe I should get a pink one with rhinestones ...

I love Eddie. I want to stick a flag in 'im.

4 comments:

Mrs.X said...

Holy new layout! I have no comment on Eddie Izzard, just wanted to say that I like the new look!

Heather Clisby said...

Thanks, Mrs. X. I realize that the light bulb photo goes 'outside the lines' a bit but I kind of like the way it looks over the bookshelf so I'm keeping it for now.

hotdrwife said...

Maybe I should bring a cattle prod? Not to zing you, honey, but to keep all those pesky security folks away while you run into the arms of your male lesbian lover. Anything for you!!

Heather Clisby said...

Ooooh, good idea. I'll need a team for this, definitely. If I don't manage to get a squeeze from Eddie, that cattle prod might have other uses ...