Monday, December 03, 2007

Back in Cali

I returned home from Thanksgiving on Monday and managed to stay in Colorado an entire FIVE DAYS before I had to get on a plane and head back to California again. Not long ago, flying on planes was one of my favorite things to do but this passion is eroding.

First the shuttle comes waaaay too early. Then, when trying to obtain a boarding pass, I discover that my travel folks only reserved the ticket - never got around to purchasing it. THEN I find out that my plane departure has been delayed by two hours. Grrrrrrrr! Were it not for the sexy Cuban man I met in the bar, the day would have been a total wash.

Anyhoo, I'm now in San Francisco, deeply entrenched in an annual Corporate Event where 90% of the males wear the same outfit: khaki or black pants, blue buttoned-down shirt, Blackberries at the waist and no tie. It's the official Silicon Valley uniform.

Alarming tidbit:


Catching up with a co-worker who lives in Beijing, we made small talk about the weather. She asked about snow in Colorado and then revealed this horrible fact: "Yeah, we used to get snow in Beijing. It stopped snowing completely a few years ago. The pollution is so bad and with global warming .... " she shrugged, "it just stopped. No more snow."

Chilling stuff. Or not, as the case may be.

No comments: