Thursday, December 06, 2007

Back Home at Last

After an adventurous shuttle ride with an interesting Moroccan driver (we managed to get pulled over by the cops, thanksverymuch) I finally made it to my own bed at 1:00 a.m. Today, I'm mega-exhausted and drowning in deadlines. MOTHERFUCKER. I need some breathing room to get my life in order.

Don't get me wrong. I love going Places and staying in hotels but I now have all the tiny shampoo, conditioner and lotion bottles that I could ever want. Just last week, my cat, Simone, opted to register her opinion by barfing on one of my suitcases. I'm not impressed by her passive-aggressive tactics but I can't argue with her position.

As the plane landed last night, I silently counted the days until I hand over another boarding pass: 18.

I better make 'em count.

3 comments:

hotdrwife said...

Welcome home. And I hope your next trip is fun, not work. I'm too lazy to count ahead 18 days and see where that puts you.

See you Sat for a little bit of unwinding, well-deserved for you.

PS Damn cute pic of you.

Heather Clisby said...

Awwww, thanks for the love and kind words. Yes, Saturday - we're on!

Kath said...

You could always rename your blog ' Where in the World is Clizbiz"??

Welcome back...and that IS a pretty sassalicious pix of you :-)