Thursday, January 29, 2009

Karmic Eggrolls

He did it! Vinh (see below) came through on his word! He knocked on my door about 6 p.m. tonight and when I answered the door he handed me a giant batch of home-made Vietnamese egg rolls. He smiled and said nervously, "My wife make these for you."

I was vaklempt! I attempted to give him a little hug but he just sort of stood there. Not sure how much they hug in Vietnam but anyway ...

Look at these babies! I mean, there must be 30 of 'em. I has eight of them for dinner and they are dee-lish! They are full of meat and spices and a bunch of other things I'm sure I can't pronounce.

I thanked him profusely. He smiled shyly and ran off like a teenage boy. ADORABLE. Man, that one food order will now end up feeding me twice what I originally paid for it. Good to know there are people like Vinh in this world.

Still, I bet he won't lock his keys in his car again anytime soon ...

2 comments:

Kath said...

Good to know there are people like Heather in the world :-)

xoxo

quirkychick said...

Ahhhh. I got misty. That's an awesome story!