Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Finally, Some Good News

Of the many, many wrongs that O needs to undo from the Bush Administration, this is a good 'un that, quite frankly, I didn't know existed until today. As the AP reports:

"The Obama administration will endorse a U.N. declaration calling for the worldwide decriminalization of homosexuality that then-President George W. Bush had refused to sign."

The United States, under President Bush, was the only western nation not to sign. (FYI: 70 U.N. members outlaw homosexuality.)

In other news, W gave a speech in Calgary, Canada today and said the following about Obama:
"I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him. There are plenty of critics in the arena. He deserves my silence ... I love my country a lot more than I love politics. I think it is essential that he be helped in office."

First of all, dude actually sounds like a class act, which shocked the hell out of me. Second of all, it clearly distances him from Dickface Cheney and Rush Limbaugh, who have come out to criticize and, in Limbaugh's case, openly wish for the O Administration to fail - which is like saying, "I hate my country."

Final score: Obama=1, Bush=1, Dickheads=0.

No comments: