Thursday, September 25, 2008

Concerns for Mama Iva

Crazy day. Lots of anguish, tears, phone calls and a little work drama thrown in just for fun. Looks like Mama Iva is going to have some last-minute heart surgery tomorrow. Was going to Aspen with my pal, Susie, but she graciously agreed that it was best if I was there with Mom instead.

So, I just bought my ticket and plan to leave the house around 4:00 a.m. to be in LA by 8:00 a.m. to take my mom to the hospital by 10:00 a.m. so she can have surgery by 12:30 p.m. Whew!

Times like these make me realize how far away I am.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always brings a smile to my face when I read your posts about the times spent with your parents. I can feel your adoration. I'll be thinking good thoughts for your Mama Iva.
DD

fyrchk said...

Have a safe trip and give mom extra hugs. I'll be thinking about you and sending some good thoughts your way.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

xoxo

Heather Clisby said...

Um, yeah, can you call my house at 4 a.m. and wake my ass up? KIDDING.

Well, sorta.

Thanks for the warm vibes, guys. It helps.

Mark Dowdy said...

Hang in there, Heather. I'm sending my thoughts as well.

hotdrwife said...

I left you a message before reading this ... but my offer stands! Let me know what I can do, and I'm sending up what I call "javlin prayers" in honor of Mama Iva, and you (I think they get there faster) Love you.

Anonymous said...

Saying lots of heart healthy prayers from nocal, knowing that things will be peachy before we know it. One extra hug in my name, please.
val

Lisa said...

Thinking of you and Mama Iva. Let me know if you need anything OK? XOXO L

Kath said...

Thinking of you and Mama Iva. We're all here if you need us.

xoxo

Elizabeth Glass-Turner said...

Wow, what a stressful time. I hope things went as well as possible and that your travel is both safe and meaningful. May all of you be blessed.

Heather Clisby said...

Wow - it was so nice to gather up all these warm thoughts of love. They must have helped 'cause she came through with flying colors. Thanks, ya'll!