Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beauty in Filth and Other Observations

Who knew that cleaning the bathroom sink could produce such a lovely study in water design?

Please no cracks about my personal hygiene. I'm a modern miracle of a woman - I work hard and play hard. Sometimes things happen but I eventually clean them up. Blogging one minute, Netflixing the next - I'm telling you, I might as well be making my own lard-based soap and churning butter. My filth is hard-earned and I'll not have it mocked.

See here, I'm practically a housedress-with-apron-wearing farmer's wife with the produce I've been harvesting lately:

And no, the 'My garden!' photos will not end until a certain Mr. Jack Frost shows up mid-October and kills everything.

Now then, if you've read this far, you deserve a treat. My pals, Jen and Maria, visited this past weekend from San Francisco. As usual, a good time was had by all.

Jen is a woman made entirely of muscle who eats five desserts per sitting and is an avid student of contortionism. She'll say things like, "My Mongolian says that I should ... " I mean, really, shouldn't everyone have a Mongolian? Jen is pictured at left, sniffing the hell out of a pine tree branch while picking out my Xmas tree last December. I can assure you, her joy is intense and her cackle, quite real.

So, when she began to pack for the trip home Sunday evening, I couldn't help but notice her adorable tiny bra. Just for shits and giggles, I put my Gigantor Tit Sling above it and called it high entertainment. We shat, we giggled, we marveled at our physical differences.

And really, isn't that what friendship is all about?

9 comments:

quirkychick said...

Absolutely - it's like your tit sling had a baby.

Everyone should have a Jen too I think.

Gorgeous produce. You must have been Mexican in a past life.

Anonymous said...

There was a real "Meat n Potatoes" guy at work that use to always admire my salads....three types of lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, avacado, etc... He would say "that looks so good, I would even eat a salad". I told him that a salad and boobs are basically the same. You can make any guy want them by how you present them......It's all in the presentation BABY.
Ironic that you blogged about vegetables and boobs.

4 1/2 weeks and counting.....
FO

hotdrwife said...

I have nothing to add. I can't think of anything witty post "You must have been a Mexican in your former life".

Really, I got nothin'.

Anonymous said...

I *DO* have a Mongolian - one of my best friends, Sunya! (she featured on my flickr)

I'll happily take some of that produce off your hands....I am ashamed at my own lack of.

Heather Clisby said...

Oh, Fo, you got the produce and the boobs, baby. Especially now, I'm sure ...

Heather Clisby said...

Rosie - I'm gonna send some tomaters your way via Kath! Stay tuned!

Kath said...

What's this?? I'm a tomato runner now?? SWEET!!

Valery said...

It's so sweet article! I love it! It's great that you can see beauty is such simple things! I have my own site, where I'm trying to show people how beautiful life is, and there are also many advices for your beauty, care for dry skin, external and inner beauty!

Anonymous said...

Friendship is a beauty of our life:)